Fred possesses a unique blend of analytical and business skills, including degrees in computer science and economics, and the hands-on testing abilities of a Quality Assurance Engineer. This unique blend of skills includes experience with banking, and security, accounting, telecommunications, as well as health care, and various other industry domains.
Fred began his career, as a member of the technical staff, working for a defense contracting firm contracted to The United States Air Force Systems Command. Responsibilities included Testing and Validation of Satellite Command and Control software. Fred’s growth continued to management in development of several point to point and one to many communications systems designing and developing these, as well as witting training documentation, and presenting classes to end users, including Air Force personnel to the rank of full colonel. Fred received two letters of commendation for his work from the commanders, ranking generals in the United States Air Force, of Onizuka Air Force Base in Sunnyvale California.
Under this matrix management system, Fred participated in the analysis and selection of base hardware, while designing, developing, and documenting software using a variety of platforms, languages, and operating systems.
Transitioning to commercial industries Fred brought this same task oriented and achievement driven attitude, as well as an agile learning curve.
Fred has performed testing, analysis, development and design on mainframe, windows, .net, Visual Studio, MS Sequel Server, MS ACCESS, Oracle, Linux and Unix platforms.
Meet Fred Celio
As a Software Consultant, Fred has Demonstrated superior Technical and Leadership skills, including, extensive experience working with senior management and software development teams on many different contract opportunities specializing in all aspects of Work Flow, Object Identification, Business Requirements Documents, Gathering, and Defining Requirements; Conducting and Coordinating UAT; and Design, Coding, Development, and Implementation.
- Extensive experience writing design specifications, requirements, business rules, test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and test procedures for all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using various structured methodologies as well as defining and writing use cases and user stories and participating in twice daily scrums Agile.
- Worked with an array of automated test tools including the HP and IBM suite across platforms and languages including VB, Java, C, C++, and C#.
- Gather Business Requirements, write business documentation and white papers, conduct and facilitate presentations, perform requirements analysis.
- Reporting and tracking of defects and assurance of defect retest and acceptance.
- Extensive experience with SSMS for both ETL and BI, including SSIS and SSRS components, and written hundreds of SQL queries.
- Leadership and management skills included leading teams up to 105 (5 local seniors and 100 remote junior tester multiple business analysts across project/departments/lines of business), worked with up to 24 developers and 4 development managers, offshore teams of 30 testers 15 in India and 15 in Philippines agile with twice daily stand-ups, ad-hoc teams including business analysts and developers from 5 different departments (scheduled and approved by the individual managers and scheduled sequentially for validation), these teams included generally 5 resources 4 developers and a business analyst, mentored QA Manager, and ad-Hoc 15 various projects 15 various vendors, 15 different communication protocols, 2 various business analysts, reviewed design documentation, developed mock data, coordinated and reported issues on the testing effort, and had ultimate go no-go responsibility.
- Wrote multiple test plan and test strategy documents for team’s lead and for individual projects functioning as the sole tester, where all Test Plan and Test Strategy documents included scheduling of resources, including development support as approved by their managers, risk management including exit criteria and issue or defect management.
- Lead defect or issue management in multiple roles.
- Experience with an array of test tools, including the HP and IBM test suites across platforms and languages that include VB, JAVA, C, C++, C#
- Gather Business Requirements, write business documentation and white papers
- Conduct and facilitate presentations
- Perform requirements analysis
- Reporting and tracking defects and assurance of defect retest and acceptance
- Fred has extensive experience with SSMS for both ETL and BI, including SSIS and SSRS components
- Fred has written hundreds of SQL queries
- Fred has demonstrated leadership and management skills, including leading teams of up to 105(5 local seniors and 100 remote junior testers), as well as multiple business analysts across project and department lines of business; offshore teams of 60 testers 30 in India and 30 in the Philippines in an agile methodology with twice daily stand-ups, adhoc teams including business analysts and developers from 5 different departments
- Fred has worked with individual Senior managers to schedule these resources efficiently
- Fred has mentored, business analysts, developers, testers and QA managers
- Fred has managed 15 different vendors simultaneously each using different communication protocols, directing 2 separate business analysts
- Fred has reviewed design documentation, developed mock data, coordinated and reported issues on the testing effort, and had ultimate go no go responsibility for releases
- Fred has written multiple test strategies, test plans for team’s lead and individual projects
- Fred has also functioned as solo tester on multiple projects
- Fred has functioned as defect manager for multiple projects
- Fred has experience with an array of automated testing tools including HO and IBM suites across platforms and languages that include VB, JAVA, C, C++, and C#
- Fred has written both business and development facing documents
- Fred has extensive experience reporting and tracking defects through retest, implementation, and UAT
- Fred has extensive experience with SSMS for both ETL and BI, This includes SSIS and SSRS components
- Fred has written hundreds of SQL queries
- Fred has specialized in writing technical documents reflecting software analysis, design, development, and testing
- Fred also has extensive experience writing user stories, implementation plans and instructions, as well as, white papers, training documentation, web content, advertising copy, trade studies, cost benefits analysis, and proposals
- Fred possesses a unique blend of analytical and business skills including degrees in political science and economics, certificate in computer science, and graduate studies in political theory and education
- Fred’s unique blend of skills includes experience with banking, and security; accounting; telecommunications; as well as; healthcare, CMOS wafer; and chip development; and various other applications
- Fred has experience with the complete array of Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel, VISIO, PowerPoint, OneNote, Publisher and Outlook across platforms and business domains
- Fred has outstanding leadership qualities, having mentored others throughout his career
- Fred has designed, coded and implemented a complete client/server system linking multiple mainframes using CICS Advanced Program to Program Communications, resulting in major cost savings for the client in licensing fees
- Fred has designed, coded, and implemented a complete service Request Tracking System for a government agency, that was later purchased by other departments of the same agency
- Fred has designed, coded, and implemented JAVA GUIs
- Website development